HPC Youth Happenings: 10/24/17
Dear Parents, Students and Volunteers,
This December and early January will be a very new and exciting experience for the Lusk family! That's because I have the opportunity to take a Sabbatical, which the Session of HPC has offered as a time of renewal and refreshment for my family and I.
Here's what else is happening:
- The deadline to register has passed. Here are the students interested registered for this retreat:
Brenden Ball Sydney Beard Charis Huff Rachel Hutchings Faith Isbell
Kirby Johnson Arysa Kayasit Dylan Loftin AJ McAfee Garrett Parker
Alee Pope Alex Pope
Worship Team: Apsara Beard, Devin Brown, Anna Hutchings, Emily Johnson
If for some reason your name is not on this list but you feel it should be, give me a call ASAP to see if we can work it out!
2. The Early Deadline for Uberfreezin has passed. But you can still reserve a spot as long as you pay your $50 deposit by November 12th!
- Sign up and pay online here to reserve your spot! (Or pay in person by check or cash)
- Here is the cost breakdown:
- Skiers: $275
- Snowboarders: $300
- Non Skiers/Boarders: $175
- There is FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE! Please don't hesitate to ask me about getting some financial assistance!
Only a payment can guarantee a spot on a retreat.
3. Parents' Night Out is Friday, November 17th!
- This is a fundraiser for youth mission trips
- We really need parents to come and help with this fundraiser!
4. There will be a Parents' Night Out Pizza Planning Party tomorrow (Wednesday) October 25th at 5:45!
- All students who would like to help plan PNO should come!
5. Dig is tomorrow (Wednesday), October 25th from 6:30 - 7:45
6. There is NO Underground this Sunday, October 29th due to the 50th Anniversary Banquet
7. Save these dates for future events:
- High School Christmas Party: Friday, December 8th
- I have changed the form to also include a Media Release...it is still just one form
- Every student needs one of these...just fill them out and return them to the Church Office
- They don't have to be notarized
- Hard copies are available in the church foyer
- The form can be found online here
9. Parents...Sign up to bring snacks for Underground here!
10. Mentoring Program
- 15 adults have gone through training to become youth mentors at HPC
- The goal is for each adult to meet with a student on a regular basis for one-on-one discipleship
- We hope that many of our students will get to take advantage of this.
- In the near future, someone may contact you (parents) about meeting one-on-one with your son or daughter
- If you would like more information about the program, give me a call!
HPC Youth Guy
The HPC Youth Ministry equips students to trust Jesus as their Cornerstone, make God's Word their Foundation, and Invest their lives in God's Kingdom Mission.