HPC is committed to reaching our local community through a variety of ministries. These serve the dual purpose of meeting the physical needs of those who live around us as well as opening a door to share the Gospel.
On May 14, 2016 we had have several opportunities to reach out to our community at several of the local ministries our church supports. On April 8, 2017 we hope to continue this ministry to the local community. Here's where you can serve this year.
- Make Bracelets for Mission Trips (at Church)
- Bethel - Window Cleaning and Clothes Sorting
- Channels of Love - Clean Up and Spruce Up Outdoors
- Widows Harvest Ministries - Spruce Up and Minor Home Repairs for one of their clients
- National Memorial for Unborn - Spring Cleaning
- Helping Families - Spring Cleaning
- Choices on McCallie Ave - Yard Work and Clean Up
- Choices on Vance Rd - Office Clean and Spruce
- Packing Children’s Materials for our move (at Church)
Come and gather Saturday morning at 8:00 AM for breakfast, prayer and a brief commissioning. Then from 8:50 to Noon we will “leave the building”, traveling to local organizations and join together in service work such as yard work, painting, minor repairs, etc. Please note: there will be a special units for those unable to do physical activities that will remain at the church for 2 equally important service activities.
- Be sure to wear appropriate clothing for your project
- Bring tools where needed
- Children may participate as well (sorry no nursery)
- Breakfast provided starting at 8:00 AM, courtesy of the Men's Ministry
In case you weren't there in 2016, here's what you missed:
TASK is our Tutoring After School for Kids program which meets each Tuesday and Thursday during the school year.